Friday, October 9, 2009

New Experience

I had a very interesting days. Now I have a part-time job- with no salary. Last Wednesday, I followed Zara to a NGO office called WCC to help them up. The location is fine and the building is actually a double storey house which was turned into a office. A beautiful building indeed.

My job is making phone calls as follow up of the schools attendance to our workshop in next two weeks, doing some filings, sorting our letters and faxes and the thing that I like the most is the translating part. (Oh no, I think the part where they bought me lunch and drive me back for two days is the best part lah). The other staffs @ my colleagues were all aged ranging from 30 to 50 years old woman!!

One of the experiences that I found it to be funny is when I was being harass (in a good way) by one of the school's clerk that I called. I asked her to connect me to the school principal but I was informed that he is away. Surprisingly, the lady (I think she just finish her school) whom pick my call said that she likes my voice as she thought my voice is sweet. She tried to ask for my phone number but I am able to switch the conversation to something else. This is my first experience to flirt on the phone especially with the school clerk! I simply laugh to myself everytime the incident came over my head.

Actually they already translated some of the brochures into Bahasa but they did not like the final product as they thought that it is too long and flowery. So I had my hands on it and boom! The director likes it! The next day (Thursday), I came again to the office and resuming part of my previous day work. The director came to my desk and gave me another total of 26 pages of a yet-to-be publish writing which they need it by next Monday!

I understand that it is not easy for someone to entrust another person who has only showed up for two days especially the person is a lazy student =) . Plus I am much younger than the rest of the people in the office but still they trust me. Anyhow, I really enjoyed my current activity for now and surely will not hesitate to lend my hand again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment