Saturday, October 24, 2009

Coming back

It has been a while since my recent post here. Maybe I should have write more. Well, honestly, I was seriously busy with my things and commitments over the week. Firstly, my old friend came to visit Penang so I had to accompany him. The last time I ever met him was a year ago, during his first visit here. He came again in May but I was back to my hometown for breaks and working in KL. He would send me a message everytime he arrives at this country as asked me directions, advice and informations about the place he is visiting as if I am the tourist guide. He said I could be the Minister of Tourism or The Ambassador of Malaysia. I wish that could be real. :D

I have to attend the WCC workshop called Respect held in a hotel in town. The counselors from various secondary schools within the state was invited to attend as it has the collaboration with The State Department of Education in conjunction with The Ministry of Women Development.
The workshop teaches about teenagers relationship, problems behind it and how to overcome it.
There are one video session which we play a short video of school kids falling in love, holding hands and so on. Surprisingly, some of the teachers (mostly Malay) could not agree with the scene as they said it is ridiculous and unacceptable. They even questioned why are the actors in the video is Malay. Not much to comment about that actually, I just guess that those teachers are living in the fantasy where everybody are kind, respectful, sincere and live happily ever after with each other.

I also have been reading books lately. Just started to like books. Not much a reader, but trying to be one. The first book I bought this year is Bangkok Boy at Popular Book Store. Quite a good book, very easy to understand with contemporary theme, the life of a male sex worker in Thailand. Quite an eye-opening book and I like the book a lot. Very interesting indeed. It is quite expensive, RM49.90 but I got 10% discount for it. But expensive still for a student like me. Buying the book means cut down on my food for 5 days. Maybe I should write a review about the book soon. Now I am reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. Another good book that I think everyone should read. And yes, another expensive one.

I am suppose to get to Thailand either today or tomorrow but my ex was not responding to me lately so I guess it was cancelled before I knew it. I told him the idea of coming there earlier this month and he said that he will tell me his decision in a week or two. He even insisted to pay for it, which is something that I will be more than happy for. I miss Thailand a lot but it is ok as I could get there some other time.

I had a very tiring week. My friends are all went back to KL to be with their love ones and here I am, all alone in this room, on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment