Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh No!!

For those who are reading this,

Sorry for not updating this little page. I have been busy with my usual stuffs and got no little tiny time to write. I am currently is having my final exams and hope everything went well. I have to tell you this. I am not a rich student and I do not buy newspapers. Thanks to the technology because now we can read the newspaper on the net. Save the time, save the money, and save the earth. There are several online newspapers that I will read every day and are mainly the prime newspaper in the country such as Kosmo, Utusan
Malaysia, Berita Harian, New Straits Time and The Star.

It is good for me though I do not have to spend some money on it, I have the free wireless internet provided by the university (just recently upgraded, so better connection) and the best of all, I do not have to keep the piling up old newspapers in my room as it is already in such a big mess. Okay, stop babbling about my room. I actually really like to read newspapers because I love to update myself with the most recent news either locally or globally. When I was in school, my mom always bought Utusan
Malaysia (but she changed to Kosmo now as it is more compact and cheaper too! But still they were published by the same company).

Anyway, Utusan
Malaysia really annoyed me! You know why? The news is just so lame. Most of the things they always highlight are political issues. Come on!!! We are not living in 1990s. Well, it is actually good to know your local political climate but so far till now, I never saw any good write up about the opposition party. Are they really that bad? Are they really screwing up? I am so sadden by Utusan as they are the prime and No.1 Bahasa Malaysia newspaper in the country! I am not siding any of the political parties here but it is so irritating until I stopped reading them already.

It just so baffling to me as they have most Malay readers and for those who are less educated and only read from only one source, this could be deceiving and misleading and they will just believe what they read instantly. I am living in a state which ruled by the opposition and so far, I am living here just fine. I heard some are saying that Malays are neglected in this particular state as the State Government granted more projects for the Chinese than the Malay. I hate to say this but what about I am about to say is based on common sense. If you are living in a place which is mostly Chinese populated, is it strange for you to have more Chinese hawker stalls or Buddhist temple or Chinese shops around you? Of course not. I really could not understand the logic behind the statement by “some people” that the State government is neglecting the other races.

I have been thinking a lot about this lately and somehow in the end I need to write this up and hopefully someone will read it. This is just my opinion based on the articles that I read and personal observations through my living here. Hope to write more soon.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment