Monday, November 23, 2009

Err...

Sorry for no update this week. Believe it or not I have been working in WCC for a week. One whole week. Which mean only left 3 more weeks working with them. I started working at the office around 9am which mean I will have to wake up at least at 7am for shower, getting ready and breakfast then wait for the bus at 7.50 and the bus usually came at 8.05am or so. Even though my director would want me to start at 9.30am but I could not do so as my colleague will drop me home at 5pm, free of charge. So why hassle taking the bus and go through the jams when u can arrive at home earlier and with no charge.

I am in charge to organize and run our “Be safe be smart” programme which targeting youngsters age ranging from 13 to 17 years old. It is focusing on the prevention of child sexual abuse. It is a cool programme but the hassle is you need to make phone calls and urging people for the seminar. We are doing it for the Tamil school this time so I really need to work hard on it, just for my experience and the credential. Well, it is not easy to force the teachers to come as it will be run on school holiday. So right now I am using all my charms and sweet talk skill to persuade them to be there. The whole programme will be conducted in Tamil as whether you believe it or not, most of the child sexual abuse happened among Indian kids. This is because of Indian man are mostly under the influence of booze, which eventually makes them going insane. I am not saying this because I hate Indians or I have something against them but that is the fact and the reality going on.

On the weekend on both Saturday and Sunday, I need to be available because I was assigned to be the tech guy for talk on Marriage on Sat and Parenting Skill on Sun, which was held in WOU with our invited speaker Mr. Paul Jambunathan, a clinical psychologist who has his own weekly morning radio segment on Lite FM. He is a great guy and did not complaint nor show off much despite of his position, work, credentials and achievements. His talk went well eventhough lack of participant. It is something that I could not understand you see. The speaker is a well known person, the location is easily reachable, the auditorium is fantastic and well-equipped and we are running the talks for free!

I really learned a lot and got ton of inputs during the talk and somehow it is not easy to even start a relationship, and now we are talking on how to maintain and make it works! And yes, I might not be in a serious relationship right now, but I figure that those things he said is useful for my future if I am going to have a partner for myself. The parenting thingy was good too. Maybe if I am ever going to have a kid, I would know what to do with them. =) . I was sitting on the same table with my director, Mr. Paul and some of our committee members and it is so surprise that one of them were talking about how crazy parents are now nowadays. Parents are so eager to send their kids to good school so that they could get good result, not get their kids to be trained to be a human being.

Can you imagine sending your kids to a kindergarten, which then your little one age about 5 years old need to sit for an exam for them to enroll in that particular place! And in that kinder, you kids will be teach on how to use a computer, which I do not think it is appropriate with their age as computer were not invented to be use by the young ones! One people told me that he went to a kindergarten in KK and what he sees was children are sitting for their exams and the teacher would put a partition between one another to avoid them from copying each other. Isn’t that crazy you think? I think that it is just too much. Mr. Paul said the teacher is only promoting a bad influence to the kids, which is the most crucial essence of life, NOT TO TRUST ANYBODY. I thought that it is funny at first, but it is happening these days.

I was frustrated with Maxis earlier this month. They actually overcharged my IDD calls to the UK, as I will talk with Freddie once in a while. When I called the operator earlier this month, he told me that the rate for calling to the UK is 50sen per min. I thought that it is quite cheap so we extend our conversation for about an hour. When the bill came, they charged me double the rate! I was so shocked as I am paying for my mother’s bill at the same time. So I made a complaint and they actually need to investigate the thing which took them about a week to find out what happened. It turns out that the previous guy was telling me the truth but he did not notice that the rate was the promotion for October. Whether they like it or not, then they gave a RM50 rebate for all the International calls I made. I called him again three days ago, and yesterday which sum up the total calls to be 45 minutes, and that mean I need to spare RM45 for my phone bill this month! But it is worth it.

Well, life is not easy. Have a good day.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment