Sunday, May 3, 2009

Normal

I am a normal person. You what?? Yes. I keep hearing it on TV saying that they are a normal person. But hey, what "normal" really means? From my perspective, normal is something related on how you feel, act, speak, walk, eat etc which you feel the most comfortable way it is. It comes from you, within you without any command from the outsiders or someone else on how you should be. I truly believe that is a real NORMAL should be.

In medical field, normality is very important in order to compare and relate the body system or health condition to the rest of the people to make sure that anatomically you are a healthy individual. Well, that is something I could live with. But nowadays, where world is actually a rat race, especially at the place I live. "normal" is always a trend or an indicator for people to differentiate and to those who are not fit to the criteria of "normal" they created, you will be expel, push aside and ignored.

It is not fair, isn't it? You do not wish from God that you want to be in certain way you wanted as the matter of fact that we are born the way we are!!
Well, what I am trying to convey is, for instance, if there are 10 boys in a class, 9 out of 10 have the hobby of playing football and the one left do not have any interest at all, then he will be labelled as "abnormal", am I right? But in the end, what can I do about it? it is the community requirement that as a man, you should play football.

That is how I was in school 12 years back. The surrounding people is being cruel and discriminate to understand others. Who knows that one day the so called "abnormal" boy would end up as a doctor who try to save lives, or a policemen to make sure the community is safe and protected or might be a teacher in school teaching the young generation.

So think about it. Is the people around is being fair enough to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment